Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dewey 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Minichallenge: Get the Heck Out of Here


  1. What steps did you take to ensure you’d be able to read as much as possible today?  Sadly, not very many.  I told my husband on Friday I was doing this.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  I reassured him that many of the books could be read with our kids.  As it happened, they were mostly busy doing other things, so I did almost all my reading alone.
  2. Of those steps,  which proved to be the most beneficial to your day? Well, reading with my kids was really fun.  Also, doing the minichallenge was great fun and helped me stay involved.  Having a plan about what to read, and some goals, were helpful as well.
  3. Is there anything you might do differently next time?  I will plan in advance to have a sitter or to have Tom take the kids elsewhere for part of the day.  I will have pre-prepared food on hand.  

2 comments:

  1. Team Shelley, here! Wow, you've read 16 books? You're awesome! I'm sure by now the number has gone up. Kudos to you. Now that you have the house to "yourself" I'm sure you'll add to you pile of read books! Keep going, Maggi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, caknitter! You lighten my heart. =)

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...