Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Challenge: Hogwarts Reading Challenge

This looked like too much fun to pass up: the Hogwarts Reading Challenge.

First, I went to the Sorting Hat to be Sorted.  Yikes!  Slytherin! This will be no fair since there is only ONE other person Sorted into Slytherin so far.  Oh, well.  We will just have to be extra conniving and creative to pull it off.  =)  Looks like I'll be re-reading me some Harry Potter to get those extra points.

Here are some possibilities for each of the classes:

Transfiguration: well, this is a no-brainer, as I've been wanting to read The Sweet In-Between for a while.  I think Ash should work, too, as I've heard it is about werewolves, but I'll have to read it to find out.
Defense Against the Dark Arts: another no-brainer; I'll read NERDS.  Perhaps there will be more.
Charms: I've been wanting to read one of the Fairy Realm books, so I'll read The Charm Bracelet.
Potions: this one was trickier.  I finally found this cute new book that got at least one good review: The Magical Leaping Lizard Potion.
Astronomy: another easy one; any of the books on my to-read list with the word "star" (Jimmy's Stars, Every Soul A Star, Yellow Star, The Aurora County All-Stars) or one of my ubiquitous science fiction books will do
History of Magic: I'll begin with A History of Witchcraft, a book that's been on my TBR pile for a few months now.
Arithmancy: Chris Van Allsburg's newish picture book Probuditi! will qualify here, but there are others as well.

Ancient Runes: I haven't yet read that new Dan Brown yet... also the new Rick Riordan series would qualify, once it's released.
Divination: plenty of books to read here -- I'll pick one of the astrology books I've been meaning to read.
Care of Magical Creatures: maybe Dia Reeves' Bleeding Violet?  
Muggle Studies: any of the biographies I'm reading will qualify

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing me how to blog about the Hogwarts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new mini challenge posted
    http://worthreadingit.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-reading-mini-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...