It's over! I went to bed at 4am and woke up (was awoken) at 7:15 by my son so I could keep reading a bit more.
Here's the pile of books I read!
Here are the notes I took for reviews.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably the ones where I really wanted to be reading but was interrupted by responsibilities. It happens. =)
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think that really depends on what you like to read, but I was enthralled by Marching For Freedom and Almost Astronauts.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Fewer challenges... I was a bit overwhelmed. Also I didn't have nearly as many cheerleaders this year, but it was OK.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Having a plan in advance, breaking things up into hour-long chunks.
5. How many books did you read? 39
6. What were the names of the books you read? see below
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Almost Astronauts and Marching for Freedom
8. Which did you enjoy least? Do I Need It? Or Want It?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Absolutely yes, unless there is an unavoidable conflict, and even then I would do what I could. I will stick with being a Reader for now.
Here's all 39 books!
|Sweethearts of Rhythm ||Nelson ||48 |
|Marching for Freedom ||Partridge ||72 |
|Anne Frank Case ||Rubin ||40 |
|Monarch's Progress ||Harley ||32 |
|Stitchin' and Pullin' ||McKissack ||32 |
|Jellaby ||Soo ||144 |
|My Uncle Emily ||Yolen ||32 |
|Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born ||Curtis ||32 |
|Do I Need it? Or Want It? ||Larson ||30 |
|Uncle Bobby's Wedding ||Brannen ||32 |
|Home on the Range ||Hopkinson ||48 |
|Minerva the Monster ||Kirwin ||32 |
|Book of Beasts ||Nesbit ||64 |
|Librarian of Basra ||Winter ||32 |
|Back of the Bus ||Reynolds ||32 |
|But who Will Bell the Cats? ||von Buhler ||32 |
|Ashley Bryan's ABC of African-American Poetry ||Bryan ||32 |
|Rabbits ||Marsden ||32 |
|Odd Egg ||Gravett ||32 |
|Boy Who Cried Fabulous ||Newman ||32 |
|Crow Call ||Lowry ||32 |
|Is There Really A Human Race? ||Curtis ||32 |
|Molly's Family ||Garden ||32 |
|I and I ||Medina ||32 |
|Mermaids on Parads ||Greenberg ||32 |
|Where Do Balloons Go? ||Curtis ||32 |
|When I Was Little ||Curtis ||32 |
|Today I Feel Silly ||Curtis ||32 |
|Harry's Box ||McAllister ||32 |
|White Swan Express ||Okimoto ||32 |
|Silly Little Goose ||Tafuri ||32 |
|King & King ||de Haan ||32 |
|Tell Me A Dragon ||Morris ||32 |
|Everywhere Babies ||Meyers ||32 |
|Listeners ||Whelan ||40 |
|Sisters ||Caseley ||32 |
|Chair for Always ||Williams ||32 |
|Yuki and the One Thousand Carriers ||Whelan ||32 |
|Almost Astronauts ||Stone ||132 |
|One Beetle Too Many ||Lasky ||48 |
| ||TOTAL pages ||1626 |
I had so much fun. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me and all the organizers for putting on a great event!
Labels: dewey readathon