Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brief hiatus, hopefully coming to a close, and Animoto of 100 Best Children's Novels

I've been overwhelmed by events in my own life -- nothing too important, just the craziness of spring at school and the enjoyment of being outside with my kids -- so blogging has dropped on my importance list. I'm starting to miss it, though.  I've read some good books in the past few weeks -- finally finished the Inkheart trilogy, read The Rock and the River, made some headway in I Capture the Castle.  And, oh, yes, the amazing stack of notes I took during Blogathon week.  Looks like I'll have a busy weekend of writing coming up.

In the meantime, I've been happily immersing myself in Betsy Bird's 100 Best Children's Novels poll results.  One thing I did was to download a cover of each of the books and make an iPhoto slide show, which I immediately shared with my fifth grade class.  Even with very brief annotations, it was over 15 minutes long.  Luckily they are very patient with me.  But I thought it would be handy to have a quick version to share on my web site.  So... here it is!


15 comments:

  1. That's a big job. Thanks for posting this.

    ~ Yaya
    Yaya's Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind if I share this with the other librarians in my district? I will credit you!

    debnance at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Watching that video brought tears to my eyes this morning. So many amazing books. Wonderful way to bring Betsy's list to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I'm glad it touched you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- Sharon Creech likes my blog post. *thud*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Well worth the view. Now we all know what teachers and librarians do at 2 am! Thanks for creating. May we share it on our library website?

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie -- I am in the process of getting permission to share the song more widely, but for now, you are welcome to share with classroom teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love your video! In fact, I just blogged about it :) Thank you so much for sharing your creative genius with the blogging world!!

    http://kdkbooklove.blogspot.com/2010/05/100-best-childrens-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This video is amazing! And it's just what we've been waiting for over at Kidsmomo.com! Our kidlit blog is aimed at kids, so we were worried about overwhelming them with a text list of the Top 100 Books from Fuse 8. But this video is a wonderfully engaging way to tell them about the books! We just shared it on our site this morning:

    http://www.kidsmomo.com/2010/video-time-top-100-childrens-books/

    (I hope you don't mind that we didn't provide a link back to your blog. Given that our audience is kids, we don't link to sites aimed at adults, even if they're kidlit related.)

    Thanks so much for putting this wonderful video together!

    -Karen from Kidsmomo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, that is absolutely fine. I love Kidsmomo!

    Esme -- I'm getting all fangirly that you came to visit. Your books rock. =)

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...