Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon! (April 10, 2010)

In the midst of this week-long Clear Away the Clutter Readathon, I will be participating as a Reader in the Dewey 24-Hour Read-A-Thon.  This biannual challenge is something I tried last year and mostly failed miserably.  I'm guaranteed to do better this year.  =)


I'll also be offering a minichallenge in the afternoon, and I think it will be really fun!  I'm offering three prizes for participation.  Watch the Dewey blog for more information, or stop by at 1pm EST to participate in the minichallenge.  


I won't even be starting my Readathon until 1pm because I have a workshop that morning, but I will try to go strong after that. To reiterate my goals, they are:

  1. reading at least 20 picture books off my to-read shelf, and writing mini-reviews of them (eventually)
  2. reading at least 5 nonfiction books off to-read shelf and writing mini-reviews
  3. reading at least part of one book for each of my reading challenges
  4. reading to both my children
  5. reading at least some of every hour of the day I am awake, starting 1pm EST
To preserve some spontaneity, I don't think I'll choose the picture books or nonfiction books, but I sure have plenty to choose from.  The books from the reading challenges are as follows:

YA Through the Decades: I Capture the Castle
Take Another Chance: The London Eye Mystery
Finish That Series: Inkdeath (audiobook)
GLBT Challenge: Ash
Clover, Bee and Reverie: Grow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...