Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010 Challenge: Blogroll Roulette

This is the second of twelve mini-challenges as part of the very clever Take Another Chance challenge over at Find Your Next Book Here:

Challenge DescriptionFind a blogroll at either your book blog or a book blog you like that has at least 15 book blogs on it. Go to Random.org and, using the True Random Number Generator, enter the number 1 for the min. and 15 for the max. and then hit generate. Then find the blog that is that number on the blogroll you selected. (For example, if you get 10 at Random.org, then count down the list of blogs until you get to the tenth one). Go to that blog and pick a book to read from the books that they have reviewed on their blog. Read it and write a post about it. Be sure to link to the blog post you picked the book from!

I don't have a blogroll on my blog, so I chose the POC Reading Challenge blogroll, hoping that it would lead me to a book about POC to read.  My random number generator gave me 12; blog #12 in the list was Brown Girl Speaks -- yes!  I love that blog.  I searched recent posts for a middle grade book, since that's my focus, or failing that, a YA book.  I found If You Come Softly by Woodson, which I already have on my YA Challenge pile.  Score!  

I'm scheduled to read this one in August, so I'll write my review then.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you lucked out with your blogroll "spin." And even better that you had it already! Glad you are having fun with the challenge. I think getting the books is half the enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...