Saturday, January 30, 2010

iPad - the birth of the picture ebook?


I am so excited about the launch of the iPad.  http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Of course, I'm a total Mac geek and a faithful iPhone user.  I'm happy with my iPhone for just about everything... except I just can't see the possibility of graphic picture books on such a tiny screen.  And now...

I watched the whole 2 hour Keynote presentation on the Apple web site.  Everything it can do is pretty -- but I really sat up and took notice when it came to iBooks, their eBook platform.  Using the 2-page view, you can see both pages of a book.  

9" screen, 1.5 lbs.  This is really going to make picture eBooks possible.  I think this is going to be a core strength of this device -- once the price comes down a bit, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...