Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge: Goals for 2010

I've really enjoyed reading others' goals for the upcoming year! Y'all are way too motivated for me. I can barely manage to brush my teeth every day. But, of course, I'm here to TRY, right? So here goes:

GOALS FOR 2010

1. Participate in, and successfully complete, 5 or more challenges. Organize challenges in such a way that they're easy to remember and follow.

2. Write at least one review each week and post it to Saturday Reviews. Schedule time to read and write review each week, then DO IT. Do more reviews with Ivy.

3. Read more with my kids. I read a lot with them over the summer, but during the school year it gets hectic. I can manage one book a day with each of them, either in the morning or the evening.

4. Keep library TBR pile under 100 books -- mostly to be kind to my library!

5. Read blogs and comment regularly. This is something I do sporadically, but really enjoy and would like to make more time to do.

I think that's enough for this year.

6 comments:

  1. I love your goals. They seem manageable. I think I signed up for too many challenges myself. I had never heard f Saturday Reviews, so thanks for the link. And I think I will try and be more conscious of reading with my kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in my mini-challenge! These are great goals, and I'll be wishing you the best of luck. I'd also like to do a better job commenting on blogs I read in 2010. Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals and thanks for stopping by and cheering me on. :)

    Now lets see how much further I can get on my list. I thought I made it manageable and short... but hey *sheepish grin*. You live and learn.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika -- thanks for your encouraging words! I got the "read with my kids" goal from another blogger and I loved it so much, I had to steal it. =)

    Rebecca -- thanks for having the challenge! It's nice to have a focus and to work on it with others.

    Shellie -- I know, I could add so many things, but I'd rather not get too crazy. Knowing me, I'll have trouble with even 5 goals. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great goals! I especially love number 4 because I can totally relate, and number 3 -- it's so great that you read to your kids! A lot of parents don't read aloud anymore, and it's becoming a lost art. Good luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, yes, I read to my kids. My mother is a former preschool teacher -- she'd never stand for it otherwise. =)

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...