Thursday, January 28, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Twisty


Here's the question for this week's Booking Through Thursday:
1. Do YOU like books with complicated plots and unexpected endings?
2. What book with a surprise ending is your favorite? Or your least favorite?

I love unexpected endings, but not complicated plots.  I can deal with a bunch of characters if there is good dialogue.  I can't handle a ton of description if there are lots of characters, though, because I "see" the characters through their actions, like a movie.  

I am very fond of Holes for the surprise ending.  =)

Sorry for the short post.  I have to be up at 5:30 for the second day in a row to drive a friend to the airport.

4 comments:

  1. Holes! Good choice. That reminds me... my son's about the right age now to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconds! Complicated plots are for those with so much patience. That's like straightening a kinky hair using a comb.

    Difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pussreboots (excellent nom de plume, by the way!) -- how old's your son? I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to read it (she's only 4).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutlex -- I have no patience for books. There are too many great books out there and I just want to glut myself on them! I am a gourmand! But even if I only choose to look at the top .05% of books, I still don't have enough time to read them all.... so I can be a gourmet and a gourmand at the same time. =) Such a privilege.

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...