Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ivy's Pick: That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown by Cressida Cowell & Neal Layton


This book reminded me strongly of a whole bunch of other books.  Photographic background images and floppy bunny: Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems.  Wit and style: Wolves by Emily Gravett.  Spunky heroine with strange capabilities to get around town without any adults present: A Beautiful Girl by Amy Schwartz.  And yet, it has a style all its own.  Army, Navy AND Air Force, PLUS a queen!  Boys and girls alike will swoon.   

Ivy made me read it three times in one day.  She covered her ears when I yelled the Air Force words too loudly, and solemnly pronounced Stanley "dead" as he lay in state at the royal palace after being stolen, restuffed and accidentally dyed pink.  

Awesomeness: 7/10
Wordsmithing: 6/10
Personages: 6/10
Illustrations: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...