Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ivy's Choice: Birds by Kevin Henkes

I'm always surprised when Kevin Henkes writes a book, but doesn't illustrate it.  I wonder why he chooses to do that?  In this case, Laura Dronzek's illustrations are so similar to his newest styles (as in A Good Day) that I am further befuddled.  

I enjoyed the simple clarity of color and line in this introductory book about birds.  I can imagine using it to discuss fiction/nonfiction with my preschoolers or kindergarteners.  They could dissect which statements are fact and which are fiction.  

Ivy said, "Let's read it again."  

Awesomeness: 7/10
Wordsmithing: 7/10
Factfulness: 1/10
Illustrations: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...