Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: The Popularity Papers: Research for the Social Improvement and General Betterment of Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang


The Popularity Papers: Research for the Social Improvement and General Betterment of Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-ChangThe Popularity Papers: Research for the Social Improvement and General Betterment of Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang by Amy Ignatow




This hybrid middle-grade novel tells the story of two friends who make a project of understanding popularity. I appreciated Julie's two dads, who were present in the story but didn't cause much of a stir. I thought all the characters were realistic and multi-dimensional, even the popular ones. The discussion of what's actually important about friendship and popularity seemed very true-to-life. Light and engaging.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...