Sunday, October 3, 2010

Review: The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future


The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the FutureThe Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future by Dav Pilkey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Punching, kicking, name-calling, misspellings, jokes at other's expense, and puking. Lots of puking. All await you in this, the first adventure of best friends Ook and Gluk from a fictional caveman past. Lest you think this story is bereft of any redeeming qualities, I will say there is a whole section of rhyming and one chapter about the spiritual benefits of kung-fu. I can't imagine a kid who would not find something funny in this book. At the same time, there is plenty to offend, and parents who object to the grammatical incorrectness of Junie B. Jones will want to steer clear. Everyone else: enjoy!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...