Sunday, October 3, 2010

Review: Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown


Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp ShakedownLunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Spare and full of gadgets, this recent volume of the Lunch Lady superhero graphic novels started slow and dragged through the opening pages. Our child heroes were relegated to bland supporting roles as the camp counselors presented forced clue after clue about the true identity of the swamp monster. Still, the gadgets carried the day, including winners like the Underwater Bendy-Straw Breathing Apparatus (UBSBA?). One talk bubble per panel might seem ponderous to me, but could be just what a transitional reader needs.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...