Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: Beasts of Burden: Animal Rites


Beasts of Burden: Animal RitesBeasts of Burden: Animal Rites by Evan Dorkin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Dorkin presents an intense and compelling mashup of Lady and the Tramp and Dawn of the Dead. These dogs and cats are not always cute and cuddly; the good ones have joined forces to fight supernatural crime, and the bad ones are as bad as any bad guys can be. There is plenty of blood and gore to be found here, but also strength, loyalty and bravery. Fans of Jill Thompson's watercolors (Scary Godmother) will appreciate this more mature offering.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...