- Which hour was most daunting for you? The middle hours when I got sleepy, and the dinner hours when I was most distracted.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Mine were short! I listed my favorites along the way during each check-in.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope! It was great!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheerleaders were super. I loved all the participation on Twitter.
- How many books did you read? Still tallying, but I'm pretty sure it was over fifty.
- What were the names of the books you read? All of them are on Goodreads.
- Which book did you enjoy most? My favorite was Paul Meets Bernadette, but I had a lot of favorites.
- Which did you enjoy least? I read a couple early chapter books I didn't care much for.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? (I wasn't)
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll definitely do it again!
Sunday, October 19, 2014
I woke up at 6 to continue reading, after a pleasant sleep. I haven't done a final count yet, but my TBR pile is SERIOUSLY smaller. But I still have 15 minutes to make it even smaller than that, so... I'll be back in 15!
I read 25 picture books in one hour! I have another stack to read, but I think I'll read another couple short chapter books first. Best: Paul Meets Bernadette, Three Bears in a Boat, Bad Bye Good Bye, Emily's Blue Period. Now to enter them into Goodreads. (If you're not following me on Goodreads yet, you can find me here. That's where I post most of my reviews.)
Saturday, October 18, 2014
19.5 books read. Most of the evening was feeding children and myself, but I managed to get a few books read in the interim while my kids played. Favorite: Doreen Cronin's Chicken Squad (awesome!). I also updated all my Cybils entries and put a few more on hold. ILL, I do love thee. Now my dishes are washed, my kids are asleep and I'm sitting in front of another big stack of picture books. Trying very hard not to think about my manuscript that's just five chapters from being done... no, this is important too.