Monday, March 23, 2015

Video: Sam and Dave Dig A Hole by Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen

This is one of those posts that has languished in my drafts since I wrote it in October, and by now everyone knows about the book, of course, so I'm just going to post it.



I had this video open in a tab in my browser for a week before pressing play. I actually squeed when I watched it. It wasn't because of the dreamy Mac Barnett/Jon Klassen combo. It was because of the Burl Ives music in the background. I spent my childhood listening to this album.


If you think that cover is trippy, check out the lyrics:

Saw a flea kick a tree
Fooba Wooba, Fooba Wooba
Saw a flea kick a tree
Fooba Wooba John

Saw a flea kick a tree
In the middle of the sea
Whoa, John, ho, John
Fooba Wooba John

It just gets weirder from there. There's a song about the sow getting the measles, too. Really catchy, though. Go listen. Maybe it doesn't age as well as I think it does, but if Jon Klassen thinks you should listen to Burl Ives, maybe you ought to give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...