Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Cybils time!

 
I am so excited to be part of the Cybils again this year.  From the web site: "The Cybils awards are given each year by bloggers for the year's best children's and young adult titles. Nominations open to the public on October 1st."  Anyone can nominate books in all categories. 

For the second time I'm participating on the first round graphic novel panel.  That means I get to read lots and lots of graphic novels this fall!  I also get to give myself permission to read teen fiction, which most of the time is relegated to the summer when I'm not teaching.

I notice a lot of familiar faces among the panelists this year.  I'm looking forward to getting to know new folks in our discussions and decisions!  In the meantime, I'm putting books on hold at my public library (which, luckily, has a well-developed graphic novel collection) and starting my list of possible nominees over at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...