Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Library Loot, Mar 15


It's been a while since I did a Library Loot post.  I get most of my books from the library; I've only ever received two ARCs in the mail, and I (shamefacedly) haven't read either one.  Luckily our local library system is excellent, and I can get nearly anything I want from it.

I have a much more structured reading schedule this year, but I've kind of fallen down on the job in the past month.  I'm not a reluctant reader, but when I'm feeling overwhelmed, I resist structure of all kinds, even when it's related to things I like or appreciate.  Not a very typical librarian, I suppose.

In any case, Ivy and I were at the library the other day, returning a few things we were done with, and I found a couple books I've been waiting for.  So, even though I already have over a hundred books checked out, I got a couple more.





  • The Magic Thief #2: Lost! by Sarah Prineas - I really enjoyed the first one, and was excited to spot the second at the bookstore.  
  • Moriboto II: Guardian of the Darkness by Nahoko Uehashi - I've heard a lot about this one and haven't read the first one yet; it's on hold at the library and should be arriving soon.  For some reason, I thought it was manga, but it's just regular prose.
  • Some readers for Ivy: The Dinosaur Who Lost His Roar (cute anti-bullying story with graphic novel components), Harry and the Lady Next Door, two Little Bear books.
  • Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay - ooooh!  I was waiting for this, the sequel to A Little Princess, written by one of my favorite contemporary authors.  I sure hope it's good.
  • The Prometheus Project #1: Trapped - I'm always looking for good science fiction for middle graders, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.  Here's hoping it lives up to the hype.
  • Some choices by Ivy: DW's Guide to Perfect Manners, Most Loved Monster, Minerva the Monster (at the bottom).  
  • The Day-Glo Brothers by Chris Barton - another one that's been on my to-read list forever, and the library finally got it. 
  • Truce by Jim Murphy - I read Betsy Bird's review and was hooked.  Glad to finally have it.
  • The Listeners by Gloria Whelan - this I hadn't heard of, but I love Whelan and am looking forward to reading it.  

Now to schedule them and not read them.  =)

What was in your library bag this week?

3 comments:

  1. Your library lets you check out over a hundred books at once? Ours keeps lowering the number we are allowed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth -- yes, I was surprised too! I've had over 200 at one time. No comments. Of course, they make a ton of money in overdue fines on me, so I don't think they're complaining. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea if my library has a limit. I've never reached it if it does have on. Enjoy your loot. My post is here.

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...