I'm excited, particularly because my TBR shelf is SO big and this will give me an excuse to sit down and read a whole bunch of them.
In preparation for this year, here are some things I did:
- Ordered as many Cybils books and Caldecott hopefuls on interloan as I could manage. I have 105 books checked out at the moment, and 16 more ready to pick up tomorrow.
- Collected all my TBR books into one place. I considered prioritizing, but I think I'll have more fun if I just pick whatever I want.
- Cleaned my house. A clean house is a huge relief. My kids helped me with this. We did an hour blitz when we got home, at 8:30 at night. They thought I was nuts, but the six-year-old vacuumed and the eight-year-old cleaned the bathroom while I took the recycling and garbage out, and we all picked up our stuff. They had a blast and went to bed pleasantly exhausted.
- Warned my friends and kids they would be fending for themselves. I will stop to feed them dinner, but the rest they are expected to manage on their own. They were totally on board with this. In fact, my eight-year-old will be participating in the readathon too! My son will be cheerleading and letting us read to him.
- Arranged snacks. I might get another pumpkin pie. After this, I'll make pancakes and stick them in the fridge for tomorrow.
I have intention to blog and tweet periodically throughout the day, in addition to writing brief reviews on Goodreads. No research for these reviews, just thoughts of my own. I can go back and flesh them out later.
Good luck to everyone who's participating!