Friday, October 16, 2009

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon! (Oct 24, 2009)

Whee!  I am excited about doing my first Read-A-Thon.  It happens to fall on a day when I'm head cook for brunch and signed up for a work day (can you say audiobook?), then a community meeting from 1-3, and finally have a commitment from 7pm-1am that night.  I'll definitely be taking a big break in the middle... but I can also imagine it will be a day of caffeine and curling up in my big comfy chair.  Ahhh.  Sounds excellent.

You would not believe my TBR shelf.  Er, three shelves.  It's all been languishing while I've focused on the first month of school and reading graphic novels for the Cybils.  I think I'll primarily attempt to wade through the large number of nonfiction books that I've been renewing and renewing and renewing.  I should read this review book, Planet of the Dogs.  Many of the picture books I've already read at least once, but I've been wanting to blog about them, so that will be a good opportunity.  Breakfast and work day = audiobook listening, and I've been cranking through those at a rapid rate on my commutes to and from work.  

That leaves my pile of middle grade novels:

Melonhead
Wild Girl
Also Known as Harper
Into the Wild
Out of the Wild
Whitefoot
Jimmy's Stars
Carolina Harmony
The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had
Sassy
Emmaline and the Bunny
Amaranth Enchantment
The Borning Room
Lost and Found
The Devil's Storybook
The Gecko & Sticky #1
Love, Aubrey
The Meanwhile Adventures
Louisiana's Song
Who's Jim Hines?
The Year the Swallows Came Early
Zormagazoo
One Voice, Please
Little Leap Forward
Faith, Hope and Ivy June (may wait for the audiobook)
When the Whistle Blows
A Season of Gifts (ditto audiobook)
How Oliver Olson Changed the World
Heart of a Shepherd
Locomotion
Peace, Locomotion

I will leave my YA and adult novels for another time.  Sigh.  It's depressing to look at that list and know I have no time for any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...