Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Library Loot


Quoting from Amanda at A Patchwork of Books:

"Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!"

Thanks, Amanda, for alerting me to this great event.  This is pretty much the way I get books all the time -- I put stuff on hold, I pick them up on a regular basis, and I throw in a few serendipitous finds each time.  

So here's my loot from last week:

Matilda and Millions videos - following a conversation on good/bad movies of children's books on CCBC
The Unincorporated by Dani and Eytan Kollin - following a review on Unshelved
When You Reach Me by Stead - following... well, everyone.  Where have you been??
Yuki and the One Thousand Carriers by Whelan
Machines Go to Work by Low
Redwoods by Chin
Time to Pee! by Willems - a request by Ivy
Dinosaur Woods by McClements
DinOTrux by Gall
Yes Day! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Surprise Soup by Rodman
And What Comes After A Thousand? by Bley - a book about death recommended by a parent
The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-To-Be by Grey - I put this on hold after I tried to tell Ivy the Princess and the Pea story and failed
Button Up! by Schertle
Hook by Young
Little Oink by Rosenthal - following Amy's awesome call to my daughter Ivy earlier this summer to read her a book
My Mom is Trying to Ruin My Life by Feiffer

These are to add to the vast to-read shelf I already maintain... I really need to find some time to actually read them.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...