Friday, October 17, 2014

Dewey's 24-hour Readathon 2014 commences TOMORROW!


I'm excited, particularly because my TBR shelf is SO big and this will give me an excuse to sit down and read a whole bunch of them. 

In preparation for this year, here are some things I did:
  • Ordered as many Cybils books and Caldecott hopefuls on interloan as I could manage. I have 105 books checked out at the moment, and 16 more ready to pick up tomorrow.
  • Collected all my TBR books into one place. I considered prioritizing, but I think I'll have more fun if I just pick whatever I want. 
  • Cleaned my house. A clean house is a huge relief. My kids helped me with this. We did an hour blitz when we got home, at 8:30 at night. They thought I was nuts, but the six-year-old vacuumed and the eight-year-old cleaned the bathroom while I took the recycling and garbage out, and we all picked up our stuff. They had a blast and went to bed pleasantly exhausted. 
  • Warned my friends and kids they would be fending for themselves. I will stop to feed them dinner, but the rest they are expected to manage on their own. They were totally on board with this. In fact, my eight-year-old will be participating in the readathon too! My son will be cheerleading and letting us read to him. 
  • Arranged snacks. I might get another pumpkin pie. After this, I'll make pancakes and stick them in the fridge for tomorrow.
I have intention to blog and tweet periodically throughout the day, in addition to writing brief reviews on Goodreads. No research for these reviews, just thoughts of my own. I can go back and flesh them out later.

Good luck to everyone who's participating! 


1 comment:

  1. Writing brief reviews sounds an excellent idea, you'll have all the notes for later :) Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...