Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon! (April 10, 2010)

The Read-A-Thon is coming up in about a month.  They're looking for volunteers if you can help out.

In some ways it's an excellent day, being a Saturday and all, and I don't have any community meetings.  It's the end of my Spring Break.  But I also have a conflict resolution workshop that morning, and that will take a big chunk out of my day.  Oh, well.

My goals include:

  • reading at least 20 picture books off my to-read shelf, and writing mini-reviews of them
  • reading at least 5 nonfiction books off to-read shelf and writing mini-reviews
  • reading at least part of one book for each of my reading challenges
  • reading to both my children
  • reading at least some of every hour of the day
Do you plan to participate in the Dewey Read-A-Thon this April?  If so, what will you read?  

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to invite you and your readers to join my poetry survey. I'm looking for your 10 favorite classic poems. Read more about it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..i want to but i'm not sure I have time :( But that's not a good excuse...I will have to see. We want to do a read-a-thon at our school to fund raise for Haiti and now Chile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna -- great idea about the readathon to raise money. Would kids take pledges or how would that work?

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...