Friday, August 22, 2014

Library Loot: Caldecott 2015 hopefuls, plus one



This week's Library Loot are nearly all selections from my 2015 Caldecott long list. I seem to have terrible predictive powers, but I'll enjoy sharing them with my kids.

Baby Bear - Kadir Nelson
Abuelo - Arthur Dorros
Bad Bye, Good Bye - Deborah Underwood
Gaston - Kelly DiPucchio
Elizabeth Queen of the Seas - Lynne Cox
Gravity - Jason Chin
Following Papa's Song - Gianna Marino
Galapagos George - Jean Craighead George
Emily's Blue Period - Cathleen Daly
Some Bugs - Angela DiTerlizzi
Have You Seen My Dragon? - Steve Light
Tiny Rabbit's Big Wish - Margarita Engle
The Watermelon Seed - Greg Pizzoli
Ball - Mary Sullivan
Hi, Koo!: A Year of Seasons - Jon Muth
Bad Apple: A Tale of Friendship - Edward Hemingway
Nest - Jorey Hurley
Brother Hugo and the Bear - Katy Beebe
Extraordinary Jane - Hannah Harrison

The last book, pictured on the right, is my sole novel, Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein.  I have seriously fallen down on my chapter book reading in the past three years, but I'm determined to pick it up again.  What better choice that a book full of literary references and puzzles?

We already checked out a bunch of Caldecott hopefuls over the summer and read them, so I'll add them to my compiled list and share that in a few weeks.

Thanks to Linda at Silly Little Mischief for hosting Library Loot this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Mr Lemoncello's Library and liked it a lot. I almost backed out in the first chapters when the narrator admitted that he didn't like to read, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...