Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Mid-Event Meme


Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished My Uncle Emily.
2. How many books have you read so far? Sixteen, but mostly picture books.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Hard to say... there are some fun graphic novels and a couple nonfiction titles I've been waiting to read.  Marching for Freedom, the winner of the Battle of the Kids' Books, is on my pile.  
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?  "Honey, would you watch the kids all day?"  Um, no.  
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  "Mommy, make me lunch! Mommy, let's play ball!  Mommy, let's play Pokemon!" etc.  
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  How fast my house gets messy when I'm not picking up.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  Fewer challenges -- it was too distracting!  One per hour would be fine.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?  Plan for more food on hand, and get someone to take my kids out.
9. Are you getting tired yet?  I'm just getting revved up, but then, I didn't start until 1pm (4 hours late).
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?  Have lots of variety on hand.
Sign the linky below with a link to your post with your answers.  There will be 4 winners: 1st gets 1 prize packs of books, along with chocolate coins, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th get three books of their choice.  This is only open until the beginning of Hour 14.

5 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about winning a prize in your mini challenge!! You can reach me at:

    caribousmom (at) gmail (dot) com

    THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled (exalté! excité! enchanté!) to win a signed copy of The Polar Express! There is nothing I'd rather win! And I will share it with all the children in my school library! They voted it their favorite book this spring in a contest at school! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy that I forgot to leave my e-mail address:

    debnance at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a Story Book

    At night when sunshine goes away,
    And it's too dark for me to play,
    I like to come inside, and look
    For new friends in a story book.

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...