Boy, it's been a heck of a month. Practically no posts this month -- it reflects my ability to stay awake at the computer at night. I've kept up with reading, but I have many partially finished reviews. I'm very glad to say I'm on vacation for one week, and I'm planning to use this time to its fullest!
Goals for my vacation:
- Spend time with kids! ... including reading to them. I hardly ever do this during the week because I just see them before bed, other than a bedtime story. I'd like to ramp this up and do more reading.
- Read! I have several books I've put off reading, and I want to get caught up. This means at least 2 books per day over break. Yikes!
- Review! I want to finish all the reviews I've been putting off, and also review all the books I read this week. I won't deluge you with reviews, but I'll save them over the next month and release one or two a day.
- Read blogs! My blog reading has seriously deteriorated, and I miss it. I've spent some time culling my email down to professional-only (LM-NET and child-lit, mostly, with a few organizational lists) and now it's manageable. I have to check out Google Reader on my iPhone to see if it's doable. That could help me keep caught up. Otherwise, I will have to plan a block or two of blog-reading time each day.
- Do my (our) taxes.
- Plan my next 5 weeks of classes, and outline the remainder of the year.
- Spend 1/2 day at work cleaning and sorting my office.
- Do odd jobs around the house, like hang pictures and sort papers.
- Enjoy my birthday (Friday) and get lots of free things at restaurants. =)
This is doable, but I will need to figure out priorities tomorrow morning while doing laundry.
Here's a participation question: what do you do first when you go on vacation? Clean your house? Sleep in? Tackle those big projects or do nothing? Plan or go spontaneous?
Labels: metablog, summary