Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bloggiesta: Day 3 Final Wrap-Up

Well, as much as I might not like to admit it, the weekend is over, and so is my first Bloggiesta!  I had so much fun reading others' posts about how to improve their blogs, and learned a lot just by observing the layout of others' blogs too.

Today I had a little more time than yesterday to do some work:
• I'm still getting caught up on reading posts from the feed, which was so fun.
• I implemented some of the ideas I collected on blog layout, including changing the layout/color scheme, adding a Currently Reading and Listening box, adding a Goodreads widget, adding a Followers widget, etc.
• I wrote some posts.
• I added a footer, per the mini-challenge.
• I added my challenges to my Challenges sidebar.

All in all, I spent over 10 hours this weekend on my blog, which is more than I've ever spent on it in the past.  I left 24 comments (not counting comments on challenges), mostly on Friday and Saturday and participated in five mini-challenges, two from last time and three from this time.

Things I didn't do this weekend:
• Review any books.  =(  I'm still reading the book I started the weekend reading.  Even the picture books my kids chose to read with me were repeats.  *sigh*  For a book review blog, I haven't done any actual book reviews in a while!

Still to do, on a rainy day:
• Put my to-read pile into Goodreads and figure out how to link directly to public library & Paperbackswap (book links function)
• Update my Google Reader list from the RSS feed list in Mail.  The formatting is so much more pleasant.

And, on a regular basis, here are some additional goals:
• Write more reviews, darn it!
• Participate in Booking Through Thursday, Saturday Reviews and In My Mailbox frequently (I won't say weekly, because I know that will be the kiss of death).
• Keep up with TBR pile and challenges reading.

This has been a great experience.  Thanks to everyone who made it possible!  I would have loved a Newbies post for those of us participating in the Bloggiesta who are new to the blogosphere, but I really learned a lot just by paying attention.  Next year I'll try to make more focused time to participate, but all things considered, I'm proud of myself and really enjoyed every bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...