Friday, September 4, 2009

Summer reading catchup

If you hadn't noticed, my daughter Ivy and I took the summer off to enjoy being outside.  That doesn't mean we stopped reading, however!  Before I return them all to the library, let me post a Wordle of some of the books we read this summer.


And, for those of you who like things more orderly, here's the same in list form.  I put a star by those we read more than once.

*Mouse Was Mad by Linda Urban
"I Have A Little Problem," said the bear by Heinz Janisch
Hook by Ed Young
*The Story Tree: Tales to Read Aloud retold by Hugh Lupton
*The Robot and the Bluebird by David Lucas
*A is for Art: An Abstract Alphabet by Stephen T. Johnson
Roawr! by Barbara Joosse
*Mermaid Queen by Shana Corey
*Peter and the Wolf by Chris Raschka
*I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont
Yes Day! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal & Tom Lichtenheld
The Nine Lives of Rotten Ralph by Jack Gantos
Stanley at Sea by Linda Bailey
*A Birthday for Cow! by Jan Thomas
*The Doghouse by Jan Thomas
*What Will Fat Cat Sit On? by Jan Thomas
Bippety Bop Barbershop by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
*Edwina, the Dinosaur who Didn't Know She Was Extinct by Mo Willems
*Listen to the Wind: The Story of Dr. Greg and the Three Cups of Tea by Mortensen & Roth
*When Louis Armstrong Taught Me Scat by Muriel Harris Weinstein
Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Spoon by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Little Oink by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
The OK Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Bring Me Some Apples and I'll Make You A Pie: A Story About Edna Lewis by Robbin Gourley
*Higher! Higher! by Leslie Patricelli
Hello, Baby! by Mem Fox
*Bertie at Bedtime by Marcus Pfister
*Little Beauty by Anthony Browne
*A Book by Mordecai Gerstein
*There's Nothing to Do on Mars by Chris Gall
Tsunami! by Kimiko Kajikawa
Crinkleroot's 25 More Animals Every Child Should Know by Jim Arnosky
*Walt Disney's Cinderella retold by Cynthia Rylant
*The Way We Work by David Macaulay

I didn't read nearly so much on my own.  Mostly I re-read old favorites (the rest of the Vorkosigan Saga by Bujold, the entire Liaden series by Lee & Miller, and Sunshine by McKinley), a book for my neighborhood book club, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, and a book for my professional book club, Reading Is Our Business by Sharon Grimes.   I'll post my review of The Problem With the Puddles by Feiffer, which I started at the beginning of the summer and finished yesterday.

I hope everyone had a great summer!  I look forward to being back here more often this fall.

1 comment:

  1. You won a copy of Moose on the Loose from my blog :)

    Email me your mailing address ASAP and I'll have the publisher mail the book out to you. Thanks for entering!

    Amanda
    A Patchwork of Books
    AmandaLSnow@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Where Am I?

This is an old blog, and I seldom update it. You can find me in these other places, in descending order of frequency: Goodreads @mama_libr...